Sunday 10 July 2011

A bit of a Royal Do


After all theses claims and counter-claims regarding dubious journalistic practices at The Homeward Gazette and The Badfort News, it was a relief to be able to just relax last night and enjoy drinks and canapés in the garden of the Consul General’s residence in Los Angeles.

Dame Barbara  insisted I come - "The Prince demands it - after all, you are his favourite multi-billionaire elephant!"

The only slightly embarrassing moment was when my old friend Stephen Fry enquired on how my biopic was proceeding.

I have always favoured Stephen to play myself - I feel that he has a wit and intelligence so similar to what I have.

However, Hollywood has it's doubts - citing the fact that he is not so well known across the pond.

They prefer Hugh Laurie for the role - apparently he has gained celebrity in the United States playing a maverick doctor with a wooden leg in a Wodehousian medical farce, if I have understood correctly ?

How to break the news to Stephen that the old Etonian and fellow Cambridge alumni has pipped him at the post ?




No comments:

Post a Comment