Saturday 17 September 2022

Proud user of L.s.d

Whilst surfing the waves of the information highway I came across this blog by Ms Sara from the publishers of my biography in New York (must pop along and visit them soon - I believe the city is very much modeled on Homeward). I feel I should point out, however, certain factual errors in the blog. Whilst it is true that Great Britain no longer uses the monetary system known as £sd or L.s.d. (meaning "pounds, shillings and pence"-the term originated from the Latin "librae, solidi, denarii" hence the use of the hatched "L" (£) for pounds and "d" for pence) we at Homeward are still staunchly loyal users of the currency. I often say to the Old Monkey, when he complains about counting all these fiddly little coins on Rent Day, look after your farthings and the pounds will look after themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment