Saturday 17 September 2022

The Whole of Homeward gone!

(The content of the following blog has been received by carrier pigeon) When I awoke this morning I knew that something was different – but I could not place my finger on it. There was a different smell in the air. The Old Monkey scampered into the room – “Do you feel it too, Sir? It feels like something is not quite right?” We decided to climb up the rickety wooden staircase to the top of my tower to survey any damage caused by last night’s storm. As I looked out from the roof, in the weak dawn light, I could not believe my eyes. I blinked a number of times and pinched myself in the hope that it was all a dream. We scanned the 360 degree view from the top of the tower with our binoculars. Instead of flat marshland, the great walls of Homeward, the wooded hills to the North and the cliffs to the West there was nothing but low grey clouds and a grey-green sea ending in a pencil straight line all around the horizon. “The whole of Homeward gone!’ cried the Old Monkey. My home engulfed by floods!

1 comment:

  1. Homeward? Gone? Surely it can't be so? It must be an optical illusion surely? Have you checked to see whether the Hatemans have been buying any extra large mirrors at Cheapmans' recently? (10 feet by 10 feet - Pack of ten - only threepence!)

    No credit crunch in Badgertown.

    ReplyDelete