Saturday 17 September 2022

A Blog Award

I am back from my sojourn repairing the Ancestral Home - but more of that anon. Mrs Slocombe has kindly granted me an award for the excellence of my blog. It appears to be the interweb equivalent of a sort of chain letter - allowing us all to show our appreciation for our favourite bloggists. The 2008 Premio Award Rules are:- 1. When received, you may post the Premio to your blog. 2. Link to the blogger you received it from. 3. Give it to 7 blogs. 4. Link to those 7 blogs. 5. Leave those 7 bloggers a comment about receiving the Brillante Premio This gives me the opportunity to pick out my own favourites to bestow an award upon. 1: Mister Stevyn Colgan. A great fan of myself, he has a very interesting book coming out shortly about thinking in a joined up way. I have picked out an interesting blog that he made about a particular interest of mine - traction engines. As you are aware they are my chosen means of transportation and I own a very fine example 2:Skyscrapers. I have selected this blog because it combines my great love of tall buildings with my philanphropic activities. This is something that Butterskin Mute and I are working on - we hope to feed the whole of Homeward with our 'Skyscraper' Farms. 3:Ernest Wiseman. I have chosen this blog because it features my favourite playwright -Sir Ernest Wiseman. It is not well known but Mister Wiseman was not only a great writer but also, like myself, very appreciative of the musical arts. Here he can be seen with the well known conductor Andre Preview. 4:Sheffield. As you know I am a great lover of industrial landscapes. This site is all about the industrial metropolis of Sheffield and the sad demise of its cooling towers. Hopefully they will be replaced by some large skyscraper shopping centres. 5:Young Entrepreneurs. I am always keen to assist young people in the arts of money making. I have given an award to this site for its sterling efforts in this direction. 6:Quentin Blake. I have picked this site for a fadcinating blog about the illustrator of my biographies - Mister Quentin Blake. Waldovenison Smeare was most put out that he did not get the job. 7:NYRB.My final award goes to Ms Sara who blogs for the publishers of by biographies. I must say I have a bit of a soft spot for her - the Old Monkey says that it is just the foolish infatuation of a middle aged elephant. I am certain, however, that I detect a certain frisson in our correspondence. It may just be the infatuation of a young girl with a rich older gentleman, though.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm from the E3Alive team. Thanks for the "award". Nice to know that we have people from all around reading our articles and liking them :)

    Just out of curiousity, how did you find our site?

    Dingyan
    IT Director,
    http://www.e3alive.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I have discovered that the great epic poem "Gates of Metz" by Noddy Ninety is actually based on a real place!

    Metz is in the east of France and Ulm is in the south of Germany.

    Down with Badfort!

    ReplyDelete