Saturday 17 September 2022

The Red Balloon

This libel trial is most stressful. I cheered myself up by watching one of my favourite movies - The Red Balloon. It reminds me of my own humble origins. As a child, the only toy I had was a red balloon - I took it with me everywhere. Of course, my pretty balloon did eventually burst - but I still have the little rubber pieces in a special mahogany box. I take them out and look at them sometimes and admit to shedding a little tear for the memory of my young self. Little could I have known then of the great things that I would accomplish in later life. I called the balloon 'Rosebud'. Unavailable for many years, a fully remastered version of Albert Lamorisse's Oscar-winning short will be available on DVD later this year from Network. http://www.networkdvd.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment