Saturday 17 September 2022

This Babar chap

It has been drawn to my attention that there is some upstart elephant claiming to be more famous and popular than myself. He goes by the ludicrous name of Babar - sounds like the sort of noise sheep make. Having done some interweb research I can only say that I find his behaviour politically and morally offensive. He appears to be King of some tinpot African state and his rule seems to be totally independent of any elected body, and completely autocratic. Utterly disgraceful. Apparently, he lived naked in the jungle!! He then went to live in Paris and sponged off some old lady. He obviously picked up some peculiar sartorial habits there as he took to wearing bright green suits! I would not be surprised if he picked up some strange culinary ideas as well - eats snails and frog's legs I shouldn't wonder. He then seems to have gone home, usurped the existing order and set up some sort of French colony. He claims to have brought civilisation to the elephants. Since when have we elephants needed to take lessons from humans ? !!! As a self-made elephant, who has worked his way to the top, I have to say that I have very little respect for some popinjay who makes claims to being the "King of the Elephants"!! Thank goodness we don't have to put up with an arrogant fellow like that here.

2 comments:

  1. Bah! Typical self serving humbuggary from old pompous britchis. Yore time will come, and then it's new leather armchairs all round at Badfort while we wotch Homeward burn baby burn.
    My French comrade Castor Hairhomme is working to overthrow babar as we speak.
    Worked your way to the top? Do me a favour, a lifetime's bicycle thieving isn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Readers,

    I am very sorry that you have had to read the scurrilous comment above.

    I have issued a severe reprimand to
    the'Mad Codger', for allowing it to be published - it is clearly another libelous comment from that reprobate Beaver Hateman.

    Yours

    Uncle

    ReplyDelete